Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Dwarves

Painted 3 more Longbeards today (with the exception of their washes). I also decided to change up their paint scheme a little bit. I had the shields in Dark Angels Green with DA green accents on their armor and then a few different colors of green for the tunics that they're wearing under their armor. I changed it to be DA green trim on the armor and Orchide shade foundation paint on their tunics and shields, which will also include mechrite red in some form or another. This particular unit has the red and green quartered but different units will have different patterns. I was initially worried that the red would be too bright as I'm going for a darker, earthier color pallete but I really like the way it came out, it makes the shield pop a little bit more which helps break up some of the monotony of the model as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment