Saturday, November 7, 2009

Losing my mind?

So this morning I received a package from the WarStore (my plasticrack dealer of choice). Inside this wonderful box was a new battalion of warhammer fantasy troops. Clearly I have lost my mind, these were wood elves! Yes indeed, I am delving into the forest of Athel Loren and starting a Wood Elves army. I love the idea of a smallish army made up of somewhat elite troops with lots of archers and then some trees running around for good measure. This doesn't mean the end of my dwarves though. I am planning on alternating painting for the two armies so that I can end up with two fully painted armies just in time for the new Empire and Orcs and Goblins that are rumored to be in the works for next summer. I was up in the air about what new army I wanted to work on. The skaven have been a personal favorite for me but the sheer numbers of models would be too hard on my budget and my already limited amount of painting time.

For the elves I am going to use an autumnal forest color pallette. In my package this morning I also had 2 Reaper paint triads, one is Autumn Browns and the other is Bloodthirsty Reds. I'm thinking lots of brown (obviously) with some reds, oranges and yellows here and there to break up the monotony a little bit. I am nervous about painting the horses though because I have never had to paint cavalry before.

No comments:

Post a Comment